Cloning repos with VS Code
VS Code can control the entire Git workflow, from the clone, right through to the commit and virtually anything else.
- Clone the sample project into the "exercise-7-git-source-control/start" folder
- Open the cloned project in VS Code
- Click the "Fork" button
- On your forked repo, find the "clone or download" button and copy the URL
- Open the "exercise-8-git-source-control" folder in VS Code
- Open the Command Palette (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + P)
- Select "Git Clone"
- Paste in the URL that you copied from Github
- Select the "start" folder in "exercise-8-git-source-control" folder
- Click "Select Repository Location"
- Open a new instance of VS Code directly on the cloned "i-love-lamp" folder